Salmon Pot Pie
For the crust:
- 1 small head of Cauliflower
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
For the filling:
- 300g Fresh Salmon, diced
- ½ Bunch Dill
- 200g parsnip
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel, core and cut parsnip into chucks, then steam until it is very soft.
- Place in food processor until smooth.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add 1 tbps of oil, garlic and dill for about 30 seconds before adding the parsnip puree and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat off and add the diced salmon. Transfer mixture to small oven-safe bowls.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
To make the crust:
- Pulse florets in a food processor until they look like almond meal.
- Place in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 5 minutes.
- When fully cooked, set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- After cauliflower is completely cooled, use a kitchen towel to wring out all of the moisture.
- Transfer dry cauliflower back to bowl. Add Parmesan, egg and spices and stir to combine.
- Cover the top of the mixture with the cauliflower crust.
- Bake for 15-20mins, or until the top is crispy.