Garlic Prawns & Basil Pizza
For the base
- 200g almond meal
- 200g tapioca flour
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the topping
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g peeled prawns
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 50g baby spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 100g boccochini cheese
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup good quality whole egg mayo
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp wasabi paste
To make the base:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until completely combined.
- The mixture should be a little wet, not like a traditional pizza base.
- On a large tray lined with paper, place the dough mixture and press out until it’s about 1cm thick. (Wetting your hands will help the mixture not stick to you).
- Place the base in the oven for about 7 minutes, until slightly cooked.
- Remove from the oven.
Add toppings to pizza:
- Top your pizza first with the minced garlic spread evenly.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese,
- Add the prawns, basil, capsicum, spinach & boccocini.
- Finally, sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top.
- Place back into the oven a further 10-15mins.
- Combine all ingredients for the pizza sauce.
- Drizzle over baked pizza.