- 12 cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp dried pink peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 4 star anise, crushed
- 2 cinnamon quills, crushed
- 4 dried ginger slices
- 1/2 cup (50g) loose-leaf black tea
- Warm milk and honey, to serve
- Toast the spices in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until fragrant.
- Transfer to a bowl with the black tea.
- Divide the mixture among 10, squares of muslin cloth and tie with kitchen string.
- To make tea, use one tea bag and brew with ¾ cup boiling water and ¼ cup of warm milk.
- Add honey to taste.