Sweet Potato & Apple Soup
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cream
- Shaved pecorino and chopped parsley to serve
- In a large pot, sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil.
- Add the chicken broth and carrot and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the diced sweet potato and apple and thyme.
- Let simmer until sweet potato and apple are soft.
- Transfer to a blender, add salt, pepper and cream and blend until smooth.
- To serve, sprinkle shaved pecorino and parsley on top.