Fig & Apple Crumble
- 5 green apples peeled, cored and diced
- 5 fresh figs diced
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 mixed spice
- Coconut ice cream to serve
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1.5 cups Food for Health Simply Fibre Muesli
- 225 butter (or 150g coconut oil, melted)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the diced apple, diced figs, coconut sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a large oven-proof dish.
To make the crumble mixture:
- Place the flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, muesli and butter (or coconut oil) in a large bowl.
- Mix until just combine.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the apple and place the dish on a large baking tray.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the crumble is golden and the apples are soft.
- Serve with Coconut ice-cream.