Chicken Fajitas in Lettuce Cups
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice
- 2 tsp smokey paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oinion powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1kg chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tins crushed tomatoes
- 2 heads of small cos lettuce
- 2 avocadoes
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- Ina large frypan on a medium heat, add the paprika, chilli, garlic & onion powders. Dry fry until that are fragrant, but don’t let them burn.
- Add the oil and the onion. Sautee onion until soft.
- Add the chicken tenderloins and cook until brown.
- Add the tomato paste, salt and crushed tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Once boiling, add the capsicum and cook until they are slightly soft, with a bit of crunch left in them.
- While the chicken is cooking, mash the avocados and add lime juice and salt to taste.
- Mix in the coriander last.
- Serve with the chicken mix and avocado in a lettuce cup.