Pumpkin Fritters with Beetroot Relish
Makes: 30 fritters
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 clove
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole beetroots, peeled & grated
- 1/4 jap pumpkin, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Place balsamic vinegar, coconut sugar, clove, peppercorns, cinnamon stick and bay leaves in pot.
- Bring to boil, allow sugar to melt and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove spices from stock and add beetroot.
- Leave on low heat and cook until reduced to a relish consistency.
- Bake pumpkin for approximately 25 minutes or until soft.
- Place pumpkin, coconut and tapioca flours, paprika, eggs and salt in food processor and blend until smooth.
- In pan on medium heat , place spoonfuls of pumpkin mixture to make small pancake-shaped fritters.
- Leave for 2-3 minutes before flipping.
- Increase/decrease heat of frypan as needed.
- Serve fritters with beetroot relish.